Lafayette, IN 47904
Salary: $13.42 /hour
Who We Are:
Valley Oaks Health, a local community mental health center located in Lafayette, Indiana, is searching for applicants to join our ever growing team. Our mission is to provide quality behavioral health and addiction care based on the needs of the communities we serve. During our nearly eight decades of service, the organization has helped innumerable people and their families identify their greatest challenges, and then develop the skills and knowledge needed to overcome those challenges.
Certified Medical Assistant
1. The CMA will perform clinical and administrative duties consistent with organization standards in a busy outpatient behavioral health clinic.
2. Obtain and record patient vitals and medical history accurately and in a timely manner.
3. Room patients and assist in ensuring a smooth patient flow.
4. Prepare and administer injections.
5. Perform point of care tasks including drug screens.
6. Manage prescription-refill requests, prior authorizations, and medication samples.
7. Contact medical facilities, pharmacies, schools, and insurance companies on patient’s behalf.
8. Provide education to patients/caregivers in accordance with their learning style.
9. Collaborate as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
10. Work with a diverse, often underserved and/or medically frail population.
11. Occasional travel may be required within surrounding counties.
12. May be cross-trained and/or precept as requested.
Who We Need:
1. High school diploma and medical assistant certificate..
2. Minimum of 2 years of experience with persons in the mental health/and or substance abuse populations preferred; one year required.
3. Meets pre-hire competency and reference requirements.
4. Holds a valid Indiana Driver’s License, a good driving record, and insurance.
What We Offer:
Valley Oaks Health offers competitive pay, bachelor and master degree tuition reimbursement, supportive work environment, flexible work schedule, training in evidenced-based practices and opportunities for growth. A full benefits package: paid time off; medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; employer-sponsored 401(k); and mileage and cell phone reimbursement. This full-time position consists of a 40 hour work week with a bi-weekly pay schedule.
For additional information, please check our web site: www.startatvalley.org or for more information about Valley Oaks, please check Valleyoaks.org.